BENEFITS OF YOGA
BENEFITS OF YOGA
Yoga tenders a number of benefits to the people who practice it. In yoga mind and body are treated as being interrelated, the effects are there for mind and body, both. The benefits are physiological, psychological, biochemical and spiritual.
There are listless benefits, below mentioned are some of the benefits that are supported by well documented research studies-
* Regular practice of yoga results in higher stress resistance
* It increases the distance to appearing life problems
* Practice of yoga increases inner calmness
* The results are found to be higher optimism and mood improvement
* Improvement of one's image/self-esteem is seen
* Higher assertiveness/courage is one of the results of yoga practice
* Practice of yoga increases the ability to take decisions with easiness.
* Practice of yoga results in improvement in interpersonal relationships is seen
* Increased sense of emotional balance is one of the important benefits
* It Increases body consciousness/awareness of the individual practicing yoga
* Overall health improvement is seen
* Body's fitness and flexibility increases and rigidity goes away.
* Body becomes agile and there is improvement in body endurance
* Yoga makes the practicing individual to develop higher endurance/persistence in tasks involving big efforts
* One of the most important results of yoga practice is improvement in attention and concentration
* It helps in regeneration of physical and psychic strength
* It helps in tackling sleep related problems
* It helps in improving organizational abilities including better organization of the day
The role of yoga in treating many physical and mental health problems related problems/illnesses is well documented
Regular practice of yoga helps in developing a sense of connectedness with higher self or universal self, the creator of the universe.
The above is an indicative, not exhaustive list of the benefits of yoga, if practiced properly and regularly.
|Yoga | Benefits of Yoga | Yoga Asanas | Ashtanga Yoga | Hatha Yoga | Yoga for Illness | Yoga and Food | Yoga and Pregnancy | Swami Ramdev|